Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Haunted Hotel..!!


It was a dark stormy night and the lights went out, I picked up the receiver to call the reception to check for power backup or candles, but no one picked up. It was about mid-night, and it was freezing in Shimla. I was with my girlfriend Ritu, who was already getting goose-bumps, so I cuddled her, and turned on my mobile flash. Even after a while there was no response or power backup so I decided to go to the reception to check it personally. At first she hesitated, but agreed to accompany me as she would be more scared alone in the room.          

The door opened with a creaking noise, thundering clouds, lightning and the long dark hallway made it a perfect location to shoot a horror movie. We slowly made our way to the stairs, but something that was fishy was that no one else was there. I wondered where the rest of the people disappeared. There was a weird image on the stairs that looked like a weird man trying to get through a door which it turned out to be the shadow of a rat which was nibbling something on the window 

We continued after a little chuckle to the next floor where we found an old man covering himself completely in a shawl standing with a lantern. I asked him if he knew any thing and he dint speak a word, I asked him again Sir, Do you know anything about the power backup here and a he lifted his hand slowly and a trembling finger pointed towards the other end of the hallway. We checked that way to find the MCBs which were all tripped. Just when we thought we had the solution to the problem, all we ended up was the another long hallway, yes the MCBs did not work.

The moment we turned around towards the stairway, the old man reappeared out of no-where turning us pale n making us scream in fear.  We ran towards the stairs, and more dark images kept appearing and blocking us on the way. We closed our eyes and just kept running until those people disappeared. But we were lost in the long hallways and were very scared. The old man’s sudden appearance still haunted us.

Somehow we made it to the reception on the ground floor. A bit scared but in anxiety she pressed the call bell, and suddenly the lights went on and all our friends had gathered with a cake for the birthday of my sweet Ritu. Well she took some time to realize what was happening and then it was her fists and me, she literally beat me to pulps and then gave me a teddy bear hug. I kissed her forehead and whispered in her ears…’Happy B’Day My Love’ and we all celebrated her birthday and enjoyed till dawn.
It was a lovely night.

1 comment: