Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cheese Grill


It goes back when I joined a BPO while looking for a job that suited my profile. I started with the deadly graveyard shift, which though turned out to be fun. Back in college I was habitual of spending all night up and also being present in the first lecture :D so it was cool with me. It was a month’s training before I could get a process this one month was rocking, I never thought it was so much fun in training.. specially ‘The Hot Seat’, but that’s  not the story… :P here goes the real one.

After my training I was in the worst shift for me which was 0700-1600hrs. The cab would arrive at 5:45 and it was troublesome for me to wake up that early. One fine day I went to the cafeteria at morning 6:30 and after looking for something that could suffice my hunger, I ordered a cheese grill and that was ‘The moment’. I realized that a beautiful girl extremely fair what you can call as milky white, in a pink suit standing next to me made the same order. The sun through the leaves falling on her face, she looked like a shimmering angel. She stood there without even noticing me, took her cheese grill and joined her friends; well I did the same and continued with my work. Everything was the same, cranky customers who won’t turn on there PC and say that my internet is not working, heavy call flow, intentionally putting the call on hold for line checks :P but today was different, no matter how hard I tried I could not stop thinking about her. Thought kept pouring in my mind..will I see her again?, n blab la….they kept coming. Sooner than I realized I was done with the shift. This was the first time it ended so soon.. at least seemed to ;) . Off the floor, my eyes were busy looking for her everywhere but in vain.

The next day I woke up before the pickup call dressed up nicely n was waiting for my cab. Even the driver was amazed with this unusual change which was going to become pretty usual ;) I reached office n went straight to the cafeteria grabbed a chair n started waiting for my friends :P but down inside I was waiting for her. I waited for some time until it was getting late for the shift I went to the counter and ordered a cheese grill..ah forgot to mention that cheese grill is the best I’ve ever had, overwhelming with cheese..mmmm Man I miss it.
And when I was waiting for it a hand came from behind my shoulder n a soft voice fell on my ear drums ‘One cheese Grill please’ and suddenly the gloomy day turned bloomy ;)  it was her, the shimmering angel. Today it was a white suit with design of petals, I could not stop myself and turned back to see her, but this time she noticed. Innocence spread all over her face she was looking very sweet and gorgeous. But soon this time was over, we took our cheese grills and joined our friends and we continued our routines. This went for a while meeting at the counter ordering cheese grills, she realized what we both loved and the noticing turned into smiles and with it our friends tease.

Things went on every morning until I got through the Wipro off campus, it was all so sudden I didn’t get any time. I moved to Bangalore and my first day when I was in the cafeteria, I realized that I would miss the cheese grill with my shimmering angel.

5 comments: