Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Coffee..Coffee..Coffee..

You must have enjoyed the awesome Cappuccinos, Lattes or even espresso from the recently installed CCD coffee vending machine in you nearby pantries. Must have visited different floors to get a closer look at the girl or the guy you had your eyes on from ages and he/she magically appeared in you tower ;) or just to avoid your manager on the same floor :P

Whatever the case be, in some hour of the day you pay a visit to these ‘young’ machines and every time you do, they greet you with a nice brewed cup of coffee. These young guns have become an essential part of our daily life and provide us with the best stress buster poured in WIPRO cups :P Imagine a day without a cup of coffee, leave the stress factor apart, what about the long hour discussion with friends in a 15 min break ;)

Whenever we stay for extended hours, work on weekends or holidays, even in the times we need to stay back and work alone and all your team has left, this friend is always there for you, with all its lights twinkling from far, waiting to provide you some relief. In short, it never disappoints. But something recently happened that disturbed me and left me in a thought process.

The mortified soul of the coffee vending machine in a 24x7 pantry gave me a cup of coffee on a deserted Saturday morning squeaking and squealing in a shrill voice as it managed to give half a cup of latte’. I felt pity as it could not fill the cup full and I had to create a unique blend of espresso, latte and cappuccino. Once the cup was full mixed some sugar and turned again to the machine to get add some of the latent heat of evaporation to my cup of blended coffee :P just to hear a baby crying :O I was in shock where’s the baby crying in office, in the shock my finger came off the steam button and I realized it wasn’t a baby but this little machine’s steam discharger. I felt sad that this poor chap was being exploited. Just the fact that it is in a 24x7 pantry it is never turned off.

The quality of the coffee is reduced as in taste, then the ratios I wonder are appropriate when I get a half cup instead of the cup being full and I have to bend down and look up and say ‘Dude, did you drink the half cup yourself’ :P We all need coffee breaks from work, but I think these machines also need some human breaks :P

You might be wondering I am pitying on these machines..NO I’m not. I just want to say the 24x7 pantries should have two machines to work in shifts :P so that the taste and proportions are maintained and we get nice brewed coffee in our breaks even on Weekends :D :P

No comments:

Post a Comment