Friday, January 13, 2012

Let’s give it a try..

Something happened yesterday that left me in great grief. I could not sleep properly, every time I tried the thoughts of the moment pondered and I would go deep into the thought process, only realizing that few hours had passed.

I felt sad as I wondered if there is any humanity left in the human kind. A kind which is no more kind and calling selfish would be the easiest getaway. As we make our way to and from office daily travelling miles in busses, cabs, bikes or cars, there is someone fighting death and many fighting to save lives. When it comes to need, time is the key. Even a second delay could be the cause of death.

In a city like Bangalore where traffic is so dense, many ambulances fight their way through it to save human lives. And what do we do?? We simply take its trail wherever we find one, so that we can skip the traffic as well. The best thing about Bangalore traffic is people give way to ambulance, even if the signal is red ‘Just honk n move’ is the rule and people do follow it. But do we really Honk n Move as there is an ambulance behind or because we don’t have to wait for the signal thanks to the ambulance behind. Whatever be the reason I’m thankful to them that they at least give way.

About the incident because of which I am writing this philosophical crap here and for some of you it will be, but I really don’t care. On my way back from my office, in the traffic was an ambulance, maneuvering its way through. On the roadside was a girl standing, the moment she saw the stuck ambulance, she stopped joined her hands closed her eyes, her head bowed to the almighty and she prayed for the persons life. A humble soul that cared to spend few seconds of her life to pray for someone else’s life. At first I felt good that people like her exist but I was left shaken by the fact that what we are left off. Kindness, selflessness and moreover humanity are getting extinct. We have become selfish, greedy, heartless and inhumane.

We dispose the wastes in rivers and lakes, thinking that what difference it makes if one person does it, but we all think in the same way and the result is pollution which in turn we all get affected from.
‘Charity begins at home’

But how many of us follow the quote. My intentions are not to point out anyone, but all I intend is to make an initiative towards a happier life.

The world is full of sorrow yet we survive,
Our life is full of sadness yet we cherish the happier moments,
We want our close ones to be happy and carefree,
All we want is a Happy ’Mini World’ of our own.

Friends, colleagues, folks lets not be narrow minded and create a Happy Mini World of our own. Let us see the bigger picture and make an effort to create a Happy World….

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice thought! I do pray for the soul in the ambulance and my stomach churns everytime I hear the sound of the siren! It is a moment of grief. About your thought on miniworld I cannot agree more! You just spoke my mind.. :) I hope we change our Indian attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to know...people like you are there who pray....just we need to educate the people to give way to the ambulances in the traffic....n yes hope we bring the change..!!

      Delete