Monday, April 28, 2014

A Toss to Vacation

My eyes opened to an annoying noise as I looked at my phone giving me a cold stare of 8:25 which made me jump right off the bed. Damn I was late! I shouted. By the time the bucket started overflowing I was done ironing my shirt. Realized after taking bath that I had not brush my teeth; what a sad thing to begin the day. So I reached office half an hour late, off course after I brushed (I personally consider that on time), started my pc and there I was all gloomy thanks to the late reactions of the machine. As so the mailbox happened to open I was glad not to see a mail from a guy who had been bugging me with one-to-one mails for about a month, I continued with my normal work. An hour later my tickets were done and all that was left was the confirmation about the leave J

How many times does it happen that we get a sudden leave plan and need to work it out with our leads on the eleventh hour.  Special thanks to some recent events, (don’t worry I am not getting married) I had to be at home and obviously I needed to cast my vote. As it happens usually with all of us, the leaves are discussed but then it’s all in air and so it happened to be the case, it was discussed but just from my side.

With the day almost over, the discussion began after most of the work was done. After building some background stating my reason for the leaves, the fact was I had already too many unplanned leaves this month (thanks to the Manali trip that left me with a fever and a not happy stomach x( and yes about that trip, the post will be coming soon ;) ) and I was working on a task for which I needed a volunteer to back me up. After some fun about the topic the decision was left on a toss O.O yes a Coin Toss..!! So I called “Head I go home, Tails you give me leave” :D which was interrupted by a casual “Cancel his leaves”. As my lead Nimit (name changed for obvious reasons) flew the coin up in air, I called “Heads I’m going” and that smile widened, as I was never happier to see the National Emblem.

2 comments: